At Dearborn Academy, we understand that caregivers have been on a long journey prior to arriving here.
We value the understanding and knowledge that they have gained on how to support their students. The Dearborn team is committed to actively engaging with caregivers to identify how best to support their child, and to facilitate and support connections to our school community.
Our clinicians speak with caregivers once a week. This opportunity provides families with information and support. It also provides the clinicians with critical information about students’ skills and needs in the home and community settings.
In addition to the weekly calls, we invite caregivers to:
- Attend monthly support groups co-led by two Dearborn Academy clinicians
- Participate in orientation and back-to-school events
- Receive our monthly family newsletters
- Volunteer at field trips
- Attend basketball games, and more
Dearborn Academy is partnering with Cariloop to provide individualized coaching and help in addition to, not in lieu of, the support our families receive from the Dearborn team.
We recognize that times are harder than ever, and that most of our families are not just supporting their Dearborn Academy students, but are also providing care for others. Our families deserve and require help for themselves. Cariloop provides a range of help and support, including:
- Sitting on the phone with insurance companies – so caregivers don’t have to
- Helping complete DMH or other applications
- Doing the legwork to help families find respite or babysitting services
- And much more!
We are excited to provide our families with this service, which is free to them and to districts.
Watch our video, and then read more below about Cariloop.