Body and Mind
As current research has demonstrated, health fitness and exercise are crucial to mood regulation, stress reduction, attention and learning.
Health and fitness opportunities at Dearborn Academy range from a regular health class where students learn important information about their emotional and mental health, to activities woven in to our gym program, to physical activities during recess and regular breaks.
- Nutrition and diet
- Physiological and psychological benefits of exercise
- Health risks associated with substance abuse
- The effects of stress on health and well being
- Healthy social relationships
- STDs and reproductive health
For Dearborn Academy course descriptions, please download the course catalog.