The STEP Program combines academics, therapy and emotional support.
We help students address their challenges. STEP emphasizes respect, community, personal responsibility for choices and skills that enable students to participate more successfully in a school environment.
- Serving elementary, middle and high-school students in more than 40 different communities.
- Comprehensive clinical and academic assessment for each student.
- Intensive and highly individualized academic, behavior and therapeutic interventions.
- Staff to student ratio approximately 1:2.
- Educational services based on students' needs, and guided by the curriculum of referring school and the student’s individualized educational plan.
- Individual, group and family counseling. Group counseling curriculum addresses conflict resolution and positive decision-making, communication skills and substance abuse.
- Psychiatrist available for psychiatric evaluation and treatment.
- Curriculum includes off-site community service projects, adventure-based counseling and experiential academic activities and creative arts.
- Behavioral interventions such as anger management, problem-solving and pro-social skill building.
- Weekly progress reports sent to parents and the referring district, which identifies academic, clinical and behavioral progress.
- Focused on facilitating a student’s successful reintegration to his/her previous setting or helping them transition to a more appropriate educational placement.
- Extends for 45 days or longer, depending on student need and school requests.