Body and Mind
As current research has demonstrated, health fitness and exercise are crucial to mood regulation, stress reduction, attention and learning.
Health and fitness opportunities at Dearborn range from a regular health class where students learn important information about their emotional and mental health, to activities woven in to our gym program, to physical activities during recess and regular breaks.
- Nutrition and diet
- Physiological and psychological benefits of exercise
- Health risks associated with substance abuse
- The effects of stress on health and well being
- Healthy social relationships
- STDs and reproductive health
For Dearborn Academy course descriptions, please download the course catalog.